The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Grouped columns in a 3D plot possible?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

prabbatel

2 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  09:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 9.1.0G (32bit) Sr3
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello, I would like to create a plot with grouped columns, including a z-Axis.
Is this possible?

This is an example I created in Excel, but i would prefer to use OriginPro.

Red/green/blue are the different samples I want to compare (therefore grouped), on the x-axis are the different positions of the samples, y-axis is the intensity and on the z-axis are the different experiment-conditions.

Thanks a lot, in advance!

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  4:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello prabbate,

You can organize your data with 4 columns - X, Y, Z, and the color index, and make a 3D Bar chart.
Please see the sample below. (I have mimicked a part of your data.)
After creating the 3D Bar chart, you can control the color of the each bar with color index (or color map)
as in the shown Pattern tab in the Plot Details dialog. You can change the color from the Color List tab.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

prabbatel

2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2015 :  07:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah, this works fine for me.
Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000