The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Opening NLFit Dialog in LabTalk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zvicars

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  6:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
I've recently been tasked with speeding up (but not completely automating) the non-linear fitting process in Origin for my lab, however, I can't seem to find a particular piece which would make everything come together.

A lot of control over non-linear fits is given in the NLBegin/NLFit command. However, it seems to want to do all of the fitting behind the scenes without allowing for the user to modify parameters if the fit isn't that great. We often use fitting functions with quite a few parameters, and the fits have a tendency to be finicky as a result. Consequently, I'm a bit hesitant to let the non-linear fit run from beginning to end without user control.

I would like to piggyback off of the NLFit Dialog (In Analysis>Fitting>Non-Linear Curve Fit) while still retaining the ability to specify the fitting function, initial parameters, and output settings, which the NLBegin function provides. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
Zac

Edited by - zvicars on 05/20/2015 7:11:17 PM

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  09:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please see the 7th example in the webpage below:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/nlbegin
Go to Top of Page

zvicars

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  2:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Greatly appreciated. This makes my life much easier.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000