The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Promoting data to labels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

emk

Finland
28 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2002 :  03:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
In some other data analysis programs it is possible to promote the first (or any) line of data to column labels. (The labels are typically on an Excel worksheet to help data entry and dhe data is then copied to Origing for plotting). Is there a way to use the excisting labels as Origin column labels?

emk

Finland
28 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2002 :  03:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
P.S. I know this works automatically when importing ascii data, but I would like to use it when pasting data from excel or using an excel worksheet in Origin

Go to Top of Page

Barb Tobias

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2002 :  10:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This Tech Support KBase item describes how to do this from an Origin worksheet.
-Barb

Go to Top of Page

deberle

USA
Posted - 02/08/2006 :  5:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've got the same question, but the KBase item link is broken in Barb's response. Can anyone point me to it?
Go to Top of Page

Barb Tobias

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  6:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here's an updated link to this kbase item:
http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?language=english&ID=326

-Barb
OriginLab Technical Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000