The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Using Constants in the NLSF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tantiger

Singapore
41 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  03:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have a fitting like this:
y=P1/(P2*x+P3)
and I would like to set P3 as a constant.

I did according to the rules in the knowledge base:
1)Declare P3 in the Constants box and use a ";" to end that line,
2)When define my equation as above, only declare P1 and P2 but enter the whole equation in the equation field box.
3)Assign x and y values and start the fitting.

Problem comes up, poor initialization happened.

However, if I declare P3 as the 3rd variable but still put it in the constants declaration box, everything will be fine.

Then, why I cannot get the same result if I follow the procedures in knowledge base?

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  09:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I could reproduce the problem in ver 6.1 and ver 7 when using the Equation form to perform the fit. It appears that the name P3 is still interpreted as a parameter even though one sets the number of parameters to 2.

If you change the name of your constant to something else (like PP3), then it works fine.

This problem does not exist in ver 7 when using Origin C for fitting .ie. you can use the name P3 for the constant and it works fine.

Easwar
OriginLab.

Edited by - easwar on 11/06/2002 09:23:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

tantiger

Singapore
41 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2002 :  02:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually, I am using version 7.

I have found my mistake. I checked "Compile before use" when define my equation and whenever I did my fitting, the script window will pop up and say "Error ..."

Thanks a lot for your reply, easwar!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000