The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 PDF export , no "clip data to frame"?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tib

Switzerland
105 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  09:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

when I want to export a graph as a PDF the "Clip data to frame" does not work in Origin 6.1. In the exported PDF, the data spans accross the whole A4 page.
So far, I did export it as EPS and use GhostView to convert it to PDF, but I don't want to use an other program if there is a filter in Origin which should do the same.
What can I do? Do I have some wrong settings, somewhere...?
Thanks for any hints.

Tilman.

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  10:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Tilman,

We have a new export library for PDF in version 7SR1. So issues like clip-data-to-frame etc. work fine starting with version 7SR1.

For 6.1, your workaround of exporting to EPS and then converting to PDF is probably the best solution.

Easwar
OriginLab.
Go to Top of Page

tib

Switzerland
105 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  03:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Easwar,

thanks for this info.
But don't you have a plug-in filter to download for fixing just this bug?
I hesitate to convert to Origin7 since Origin6.1 with all my buttons seems to run stable so far and I want to stay downward compatible to other people.

best regards,
Tilman.
Go to Top of Page

Barb Tobias

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  10:26:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Tilman,
We can't offer you a downloadable file(s) to fix this problem in Origin 6.1... as the solution includes a number of updated files, some of which are not compatible with Origin 6.1.
I don't know if your programmed buttons are on windows or if they are toolbar buttons... but in either case, you shouldn't have any problem with their performance after upgrading. You can speak with a tech support staff member about this in detail. Also, you can try out the Origin 7 demo and check the performance.
-Barb

Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  3:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Tilman,

Another workaround is to use the service of the OriginLab's "Graph Export Server". (The current server is based on Origin 7 SR2.) Try the following page:
   http://www.originlab.com/www/downloads/demo/exportonline.asp

To submit your graph to the server to convert your Origin graph, first you need to create an OGG file of the graph.

--Hideo

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 11/14/2002 3:58:03 PM

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 11/14/2002 3:58:44 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000