The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 DDE follow on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rob.plant

UK
2 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  10:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have now read up on the subject and trying to understand the example, although i am finding it very challenging.

Has anyone set origin up as a graph/statistics server, if so how did you go about it and what sort of data were you sending, numbers, matrices etc

Thanks for any help

Rob

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  12:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Rob,

There have been one or two users during the past 2-3 months who have posted questions that indicate they are doing what you're interested in doing. Hopefully one of them will chime in sooner or later with direct answers to your questions. I use Origin as a DDE "graphics server", but probably not the way you want to do it. I have an acquisition system based on a LabView VI that saves the data to file. When I want to send data to Origin for analysis the VI saves the data in a temporary file and sends a DDE command to Origin telling it to import the file. Not fancy, but I've found this method to be quite efficient. I'll give you details if you're interested.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  11:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Perhaps you read this already, but here is a link to the description of how our Graphics Export Server works:
http://www.originlab.com/www/downloads/demo/graphexp.asp
It's an Origin Pro version - usually the latest beta - plus two addon modules.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000