The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Multi layer plot from Labtalk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  3:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5
Operating System: Win 7

Hi experts,
I need your help again, this time using Labtalk.

I have 100 worksheets, each with 1 X column and 32 Y columns. I would like to create a labtlak script to do the following:
  • Plot 1 column of the data in log scale and 3 columns in linear scale in a single plot where the X-axes is linked but the Y-axes are not
  • The absolute values are different for each columns, so I would like to have a plot which you can get if the data are plotted as 4 different plots and then overlay on top of each other
  • I can do this by manually creating the 4 plots (3 linear scale, 1 log scale) and then overlaying them using the Merge button
  • But this way I end up with 4 unwanted plots and also it will take me ages to do this on all the worksheets!
  • The x-scale should be linked for all the 4 plots (that is same for all), but I would like to have a labtalk one linear for changing the x-axis range (layer -a does autoscale but I want to have the ability to control the x-axis range so that by a single command I can change the x-range on all the plots)
  • Also, I would like to have the 4 plots grouped in line plot of thickness 2, with colors, say, black, red, royal, olive;
  • Ability to switch off the major and minor ticks from the y-axis of all the plots after overlay
  • Ability to remove the major labels from all the plots after overlay

Would someone please be able to help me soon with this?
Thanks,
AB

AB

Edited by - a.abc.b35 on 11/05/2015 3:44:48 PM

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  10:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

It's better to send a sample OPJ (could be a smaller one and contains only a part of data) to tech@originlab.com.
So we can better understand your design on this 4 panel graph.

Best regards!
Jason
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  2:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jason,
Thank you for the quick reply. I may have found a solution at:

If I still can not get this right, I will send an email to the tech support with a smaller subset of the data as you mentioned.
Thanks again,
AB

AB
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  2:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For Plotting X YY data, I can use
plotxy iy:=[Book1]Sheet1!(1,2:3) plot:=200;

But what if I want to plot X YYYY with col 1 as X and say columns 3, 4, 11, 23 as Y?

AB
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  2:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Found it...

plotxy iy:=[Book1]Sheet1!((1,3),(1,4),(1,11),(1,23)) plot:=200

AB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000