The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Import CSV
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sarastokes

11 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  12:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): b9.2.272
Operating System: Windows 10

I am trying to import CSV files into separate columns with the file name in the comments section. When I import many files, I get two filenames in each comments section, the name of the file imported in the previous column and the name of the file imported into the current column. How can I avoid this?

These are the options I've selected in the import dialog:
1st File Import Mode - Start New Columns
Multi-File (except 1st) Import Mode - Start New Columns
I checked "Append File name to Column Comment", unchecked "Include File Path when Appending File name" and am using a partial import.

Liamn

19 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  8:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This is a bug in Origin 2015, and it has been fixed in Origin 2016.
Please try it out:
http://www.originlab.com/myorigin2016download
Go to Top of Page

sarastokes

11 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2015 :  02:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I downloaded Origin 2016 but I'm still having the same problem
Go to Top of Page

sarastokes

11 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2015 :  02:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In case anyone else has this problem, here's a solution around the bug:

Under Import Options --> Scripts, I updated the Script after each file imported to:

NC=wks.ncols;
col($(NC))[C]$="";

This clears the comment appended to the next column before another CSV file is imported.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000