The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Import datasets with various length
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

aredart

2 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  1:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2015G Sr2
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,

I'm a beginner with Origin C and I need to import some data.
Its one file with multiple datasets of two types (Type A, Type B). There is a main header at the beginning and then a special header for each dataset. All headers and datasets have various lengths and the two types don't have any order.
I would like to put all A-datasets in one workbook. Each dataset should be in its own sheet with a note sheet with the relating header beforehand. Then the same for the B-datasets.
My first problem is, that I could not find a function which generates a new note sheet in the workbook. The only solution I found was an extra note window, but this would be too confusing because of the great number of datasets.
Also, I can not understand how to import datasets with various length. I read all the Import-related topics in the Origin C forum and the programming guide, also I understood how to do a partial import and so on, but not how to handle various header/dataset lenghts.
Maybe there is a function which could find given words in my header and read out the following string/number? I think this would serve best, for all information I need is written down in the header (esp. the length of the dataset).

The headers are of the following type:
# information1: 1000
# information65: Type A
# information344: 23
all with various number of spaces.

Thank you very much for any help!

Edit: Its an ASCII with .xy datatype. Its no problem to import it in general (by typing all parameters by hand); the problem is to automate the process.

Edited by - aredart on 12/02/2015 2:00:28 PM

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  01:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Would you mind sending your data file to tech@originlab.com with detailed requirements of what you want to do so I can try to code it in Origin C.

Thanks!

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000