The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Clear data marker in Labtalk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

LC_

42 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  09:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 2016 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win 7

Easy question, but I couldn't find a solution in the help. I've created data markers with Labtalk's dotool 4 command, now how is it possible to clear the markers in the end of pointproc or immediately after it?

All I could find in the help was a reference to mark -r in the Range Notation help, but neither this command is documented in Mark command neither it does anything...

Thanks in advance

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  3:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi LC,

I have tried dotool 4 as in the following code, and mark -r worked okay to remove the Data Selector:
dotool 4;  //Data Selector
def pointproc {
  %A=xof(%C);
  py1=%C[mks1];   px1=%A[mks1];
  py2=%C[mks2];   px2=%A[mks2];
  type -b %A %C ($(px1),$(py1))-($(px2),$(py2));
  dotool 0; //You need to set the cursor back to the Arrow
  mark -r;  //Remove the Data Selector
}
Make sure that you press ENTER key to commence the PointProc macro as the explanation of
the dotool command says: "re-program the PointProc macro to automatically execute a script
after you double-click or press ENTER to set the markers
" in:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/DoToolbox-cmd#Syntax

Hope this makes sense.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 03/14/2016 3:13:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

LC_

42 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  03:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hideo!

Thanks so much. It works! The reason it didn't before was because I had put the mark -r statement before going back to the arrow. It makes sense why it couldn't clear the markers...

May I just leave a reminder that this switch is not listed in the Labtalk help of the Mark command!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000