The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch Processing : import Sheet from a workbookk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kalakutata

Switzerland
1 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  11:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1
Operating System: W7

Hello,

I would like performed an analysis which compare data present in differents workbook files already saved into the PC. All worbooks files are identical.

To do so, I import the raw data from a workbook file, via the impOPJ dialog box into a new workbook. I save the dialog Theme as default. Data are well import, into the sheet. From this sheet I realise/save a workbook anaylsis template.

I performed a batch processing using my analisys template via the batch processing dialog box. I put workbook files, into the file list, unclik use import setting in workbook button and then
It import the files (wihtout error generation) but Ascii symbol appear instead of the raw data.

Probably the import theme define below is not taking account during the batch processing.

Have you an idea, or what is my mistake, in order to fix this issue ?

PS: If I import data from txt files and not from workbook files and performe a batch processing, it works perfectly.

Thank you so much,

Best regards,

KK

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  5:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kalakutata,

The batch processing dialog supports to import data from existing datasets. So one way I would suggest to try, is to open all workbook files in one opj first, and append data columns from different worksheets into one worksheet from menu Worksheet:Append Worksheets. And then in the batch processing dialog choose Data Source as Use Existing XY Datasets.

I am not sure ogw files can be used as import data for batch processing. My understanding is because firstly Origin worksheet might not be ASCII data. Secondly, impOPJ setting doesn't save to worksheet. So when save as analysis template and do batch processing it won't import correctly neither as ASCII or as origin workbook.

I would try to directly import txt files, or like I mentioned above to use existing datasets if has to import origin workbook.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000