The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Xbar SPC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

prithahait2

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  6:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2016
Operating System:Windows 7

Hi,
The Xbar plot requires a minimum of 2 data points in a subgroup to provide a LCL and UCL. Is there an automatic way to plot individual data points and get the LCL and UCL? I am trying to modify the Xbar and R plot types but am not able to.

Thanks!

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 03/16/2016 :  03:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Yes, according to the algorithm, the QC(X bar R) chart requires at least two data points for a subgroup. Can you tell me why you want to plot individual data points and get the LCL and UCL? Because, as I understand it, if there is only one data point in a subgroup, you can’t get the mean and SD of the subgroups.Then how can you get the LCL and UCL?

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

prithahait2

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  12:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley,
I am trying to get the LCL and UCL for the entire set: as in for all individual values in the data set.
It would be calculated as LCL= Xmean - 3*SD, UCL= Xmean +3*SD where Xmean and SD would be for the entire data set.

Bottomline, I want to figure out a way to automatically calculate Xmean, SD, UCL and LCL for all data not just within a sub-group.

Is this something that can be generated using Origin?
Or is there a help line I can call?
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 03/16/2016 :  11:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can use the Statistic Gadget, http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Gadget-Statistics

In the ROI Box tab, check the Show Standard Deviation Lines check box and set Multiple of SD to 3.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000