The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Offset values and baseline subtraction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

CNR88

2 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2016 :  08:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver: OriginPro 2015
Operating System: Windows

I would like to know if it is possible to extract values (all points in the dataset) from a graph with an X and Y offset values to a workbook.
Now the only thing I can do is to move the graph and set the offset (X and Y) in origin, go to Plot Details and write down the offset numbers, then use Excel to add/subtract the x,y offset values and then copy the adjusted data back to Origin.
I just want to align a blank profile to the sample and subtract it. I know that in Peak Analyser you can use ONLY the Y offset with existing dataset, but I need also the X offset. That is why I am asking if I can do this simple addition/subtraction in Origin without Excel.

Thank you.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2016 :  3:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi CNR88,

Not sure this answers to your question...
Have you tried the Horizontal/Vertical Translation on a plot ("Analysis: Data Manipulation: Vertical
(or Horizontal) Translation
" menu)?
You can press the small triangle button at the end of the guide line, and select "Translate
Duplication In: New Columns
" flyout, if you want to keep the original data. You can shift the curve
"by" or "to" a certain value as well as visually move the curve manually. The result data after
translation is stored in the worksheet.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

CNR88

2 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2016 :  5:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hideo Fujii,

this actually does help, exactly what I wanted. The only thing that bothers me is that when I have two curves in the same graph I can only manipulate the position of the first one in the workbook, but this is not really a problem for me.

Thank you a lot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000