The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with the label in a bubble plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

thomsen01

Austria
22 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  06:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 9.1.0G (64-bit) Sr2; Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit

Hi,

I created a bubble plot from a XYY worksheet, similar http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Bubble-Graph. Then I activated the label for each point (2. Y-column) and changed the font-type. Now I can move all labels in the layer, which works fine. However, when I move just one label, save the origin-project and open it again, the one (moved) label has changed back to the arial font.
Why is that and how can I avoid it?

Thanks for your help.
Thomsen

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  08:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Thomsen01,

You have encountered a bug in Origin (ORG-14551 <-you can ignore this it is only for our internal bug tracking purposes).

We will investigate a workaround and report back shortly.

EDIT
====
It appears that the only practical workaround is to hide the label for that one point (or other points which you may have moved), and use the Text tool to create a manual label with the required font.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

Edited by - Chris D on 03/24/2016 09:26:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

thomsen01

Austria
22 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  09:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Chris,

thank you for your quick answer.
Unfortunately, I have a very large number of labels which I want to move. So it would be a very extensive work.

Thomsen

Edited by - thomsen01 on 03/24/2016 09:35:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  10:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you are moving labels to avoid overlapping maybe you can try this:
In Plot Details dialog Label tab, you can set "Auto Reposition to Avoid Overlapping".

But that may not be why you are moving the Label.

Maybe you can give us a screenshot and we can see if there is any other way- seeing the graph can help us. I do suspect my original suggestion to use a Text object is the way to go though.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Go to Top of Page

thomsen01

Austria
22 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  03:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Chris,

to avoid overlapping the "Auto Reposition to Avoid Overlapping" works fine, but anyway I need to move some of the labels to arrange them in a better way.
Unfortunately I can not give you a screenshot because the graph is confidential.
If I use a text object, I have the problem that changes in the data are not considered in the text. So I tried it by using designs, but that also does not work. In my case the best way is to change the font after opening the origin-project again.
Thanks for your answer and I hope you can fix this bug shortly.

Thomsen
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  09:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all,

This issue was fixed in Origin 2016 SR2.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000