The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Script: normalisation of curves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

neutrondude

Brunei
Posted - 04/08/2016 :  05:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1
Operating System win 7

Hi!
We would like to add a function to an import script where we normalise the data to start from one.
We have a near exponential relaxation function which we would like to start from 1.
Any suggestions to how we can do that- preferably not be dividing by the first value as individual numbers contain errors.

Thanks

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 04/08/2016 :  06:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you just want to normalize your data to make it start from 1, you can simply use the Normalize Column tool: Set Normalize Methods to Divided by Reference Cell and select first cell as Reference Cell:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Math-Normalize

You said "preferably not be dividing by the first value as individual numbers contain errors." Is this tool not satisfying for you? Can you give me more details about what you want and show me your data?

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

neutrondude

Brunei
Posted - 04/08/2016 :  08:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

thanks a lot- I am creating a script to process the data. I have typical x, y columns and during import I want to normalise the y data to 1.
I write typically

%H_Y = (%H_Y - Background_Y*0.995);

How can I normalise %H_Y in a script form?

Best,

quote:
Originally posted by Shirley_GZ

Hi,

If you just want to normalize your data to make it start from 1, you can simply use the Normalize Column tool: Set Normalize Methods to Divided by Reference Cell and select first cell as Reference Cell:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Math-Normalize

You said "preferably not be dividing by the first value as individual numbers contain errors." Is this tool not satisfying for you? Can you give me more details about what you want and show me your data?

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - neutrondude on 04/08/2016 10:03:06 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000