The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to make plot from specific data points?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SF01

Poland
5 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  08:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello.

Ia have a question, I have data set with continous data points.
My task is to make plot from perodical points, not all points I have, let's say I have a function of temperatre from 0 to 1000 and I have to do a plot starting from 200 degrees and next points should be every 25 degree step, how to perform this?

SF

Edited by - SF01 on 04/10/2016 09:54:32 AM

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  06:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi SF,

You can extract 200-1000 data points by Worksheet Query and then use Reduce Rows to remove 24 points from every 25 points.

Select Wokrsheet: Worksheet Query, and set it as below:

In the extracted worksheet, select Worksheet: Reduce Rows, and specify settings like this:

You can refer to the following pages for details of Worksheet Query and Reduce Rows:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Wks-Query
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/reduce-rows

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

raygmurphy

2 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  06:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In order to retrieve data values from a plot follow these steps:

1. Open the figure
2. In the MATLAB Command Window type the following commands:
h = findobj(gca,'Type','line')
x=get(h,'Xdata')
y=get(h,'Ydata')

Go to Top of Page

SF01

Poland
5 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2016 :  07:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for informations.
As I didn't have much time then I simply merged all the worksheets and copied the line with parameters I needed and pasted it with transposing from horizontal to vertical and made graph out of the resulting column.

SF
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000