The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Make nonmononotinic y data monotonic and reduce it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ak114224

Austria
1 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  09:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have monotonic x data and nonmonotonic (definitely rising, but with noise) y data. I want to reduce it according to a set y increment. I have 1000 data points rising from 1,4 to 3,4 and want only data points with 0,05 increment in between. When I try to divert the reduce by x increment function I am blocked, since the data is not monotonic. To explain further what I want to do. If that is not quite possible I would like to fit the data via something like isotonic regression: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotonic_regression#/media/File:Isotonic_regression.svg

KenLefebvre

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  10:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Paul-

Could you clarify a few things? Firstly, when you say you only want data points with an increment "0,05" between, do you mean to say you want only those points whose y values (|y2|-|y1| are >= 0.05)? I'm not entirely sure what your notation 0,05 means in this context.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some data, we'd be glad to try to attempt do this from our end, you can always email us an OPJ or some raw data at tech AT originlab.com

With thanks,

Ken Lefebvre
Technical Service Engineer
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000