The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Color Incrementing: Color List in Plot Details?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jshih9

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2016 :  1:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm trying to make a custom palette/order of incrementing colors for a bar graph. Currently, if I select "Increment" as my color choice (in Plot Details), there is no way to change the color order and I'm stuck with the default palette and sequence. According to the following OriginLab blog post, a tab called "Color List" should appear when I select "Increment" as my color choice. I don't get that tab--any ideas on how to fix? http://blog.originlab.com/graphing/how-to-control-the-increment-list

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0 (32-bit) SR2 b87 (Research Lab)
Operating System: Windows

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2016 :  2:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

The color list tab is newly added feature in 9.1. In 9.0 and before, it's using a built-in color increment list.

Maybe you can try to add a 3rd color which specifies which color you want to use in the built-in color list. e.g. 3 means 3rd color, etc. Then in Plot Details, set color to Index to the newly added color column but it's not as convenient.

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000