The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Putting equation/function in each cell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AliMosayyebi

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  07:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way I can put an equation/function in a cell in origin? similar to Excel?
The reason I am asking this is because I am trying to swipe the equation, just like Excel by using the + in the right bottom corner, so that I can affect the equation to the data I like rather than the whole column.

in this way I can should be able to recall a value of another cell in the equation and then make a calculation based on the fixed cell values and the values of the rows in a column that I am interested in.

Hope I have not make it complicated!

Thanks very much :)

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  10:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AliMosayyebi,

I think you would like to calculate from value in one cell, and put the result in another cell.

For example "the fixed" value cell is in Col(A) 10th cell, put an equation and save the result in Col(B) 3rd cell, you can still use Set Column Value. Highlight Col(B), right click and choose Set Column Value from context menu or Ctrl+Q from keyboard to open the dialog.

In the dialog besides to enter formula, you can specify row number on top then the result will show up in that row of Col(B) only. See the image below in the blue circle.

And you can also define range variables on the bottom Scripts window with any cell in the worksheet. For example to define range r1 variable and assign to 10th cell in Col(A), just click on menu Variables: Add Range Variable by Selection, and then select the cell in worksheet, then return to the dialog. It will add syntax to define range variable with selected cell on the bottom script window for you. See the red rectangle in below image.

Then you can enter formula with defined variable, and it will show the result on selected row only. You can test it by changing cell value in worksheet which is defined as range variable, and you will see the result will update accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000