The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Enlarging Graphs in Origin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Green_Concrete

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2016 :  08:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello All,

How to enlarge part of a graph in Origin ?

KenLefebvre

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2016 :  09:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hamed-
Could you be a little more specific? How to enlarge which part of your graph?

I'll give some examples in the meantime. To enlarge the entire graph within the page you can click on any blank section within the axes and that should select the whole graph as a unit which can then be resized.

Similarly, if you right click and go to Plot Details, under Layer# and Graph#, there will be Size/Speed tabs, from these you can enter the dimensions for your graph. Just note however that by default layers are given in units "% of Page", so you'll need to change that if you want to resize the surrounding page without the graph adjusting to it.

Best regards

Ken Lefebvre
Technical Service Engineer
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Green_Concrete

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2016 :  04:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Imagine you have plotted stress versus strain.If you want to show linear part of curve, what can I do ?

quote:
Originally posted by KenLefebvre

Hi Hamed-
Could you be a little more specific? How to enlarge which part of your graph?

I'll give some examples in the meantime. To enlarge the entire graph within the page you can click on any blank section within the axes and that should select the whole graph as a unit which can then be resized.

Similarly, if you right click and go to Plot Details, under Layer# and Graph#, there will be Size/Speed tabs, from these you can enter the dimensions for your graph. Just note however that by default layers are given in units "% of Page", so you'll need to change that if you want to resize the surrounding page without the graph adjusting to it.

Best regards

Ken Lefebvre
Technical Service Engineer
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

KenLefebvre

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2016 :  09:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, that depends.

If you want to show it on it's own, of course you can use the details dialog and select the range the linear section occurs. If you wanted to illustrate this difference in behavior between that and the final state, you could use a break if there was a large amount of data between them.

I'd recommend seeing-
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/AxesRef-Breaks

Also if you want to change the range of your graph dynamically, I'd also recommend using the scale-in (zoom) and rescale (hand w/axes) buttons on the left hand side of the workspace to do this without going into the axis dialog. And lastly if you want to add an inset graph, I'd recommend reviewing this blog post-
http://blog.originlab.com/graphing/making-dynamic-inset-graphs

Besides that it's largely a matter of what you feel you would best illustrate that stylistically. Hope this helps,

Ken

Edited by - KenLefebvre on 05/20/2016 09:49:12 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000