The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Linear fitting problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Xaime123

3 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2016 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello there !

I got problem with linear fitting in OriginPro. The problem is to select specific points from graph to be linearly fitted.

Here is the screen from my graph http://screenshot.sh/mKNsyOGPKbCek
And there is what I want it to look like http://screenshot.sh/oBDxXkvMdcLfG

Edited by - Xaime123 on 05/22/2016 4:22:45 PM

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2016 :  05:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You want to fit the data points in the different curves, right?
I suggest you can extract them to a new dataset and then fit them again.

For example:

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

Edited by - JacquelineHe on 05/23/2016 05:38:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Xaime123

3 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2016 :  10:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I can do this, but the linear fit is not visible in the graph, only got book with fitting parameters.
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2016 :  11:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Xaime123,

If you want to proceed Jacqueline's procedure in a more visual routine, you can try the following:

1) Using the Masking tool, select desired data points to be fit later.
(Or, select the single point by clicking 3 times slowly, then right-click to choose "Mask" flyout.)
You may want to change the color of masked points to make more visible.)

2) Go back to your worksheet, and highlight all columns. Then, press "Swap Mask" button
in the Mask toolbar so that only your selected points are not masked. (You see unmasked points in your graph.)

3) To fit these unmasked points by a line, run NLFit with Line function under Polynomial,
"Add all points in active layer", then select "Concatenate Fit" for Multi-Data Fit Mode.
Press Fit button to run.

4) Set the Recalculation Mode to "None" so that even if you unmask all data points, the fitting result won't be affected.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Xaime123

3 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2016 :  3:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you. I tried that, but I got really strange fit.

http://screenshot.sh/mFzmEGoQEth2s

Edited by - Xaime123 on 05/23/2016 3:40:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2016 :  09:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Xaime123,

It seems that you haven't run the fit by "Concatenate Fit", but Individual fit as I see every plot is listed in the legend.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000