The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problems with very large datasets with wavelets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

andrewdsto

Australia
Posted - 05/26/2016 :  03:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 2016 Pro and Service Release SR0 (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise.

Having upgraded to Origin 2016 from 2015 I am now having problems with very large datasets.

I have datasets in the order of 4 million points (4 seconds of data at 1,000,000 samples/sec). My *.opj files can reach several GB in size.

In Origin 2015 I could run the x-functions commands or use the analysis menu to process my datasets and it worked fine.
eg:
mdwt ix:=col(3)
type:=%s$
ext:=pad0
level:=$(extralevels)
rd:=[bkname$]MDWT!;

Now in 2016 this command fails (with this size dataset) if I reduce the dataset to say 400,000 points (x10 decimation) it works. It does not matter if I run the code or used the MDWT from the analysis menu.

Below is an capture of a failed MDWT ran from the analysis menu. interesting I believe the higher order columns are correct (when comparing to a series of dwt runs) its just the lower order columns are non-existent. I can successfully perform a single discrete wavelet transform (dwt)on my 4 million point dataset using both code or menu.

A second problem I have found is performing a FFT on these same datasets. produce zero results see attached image.

Again the FFT worked on the smaller dataset.

I repeat, I did not have this problem with Origin 2015.

I do not know if other analysis menu items are affected.

I checked with the SR 1&2 on the support page and no mention of a fix for this was mentioned.

thanks
Andrew

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2016 :  11:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrew,

First I would suggest that you update to 2016 SR2 even if not mention was made of this issue in release notes.

If you still encounter the issue, please email tech@originlab. That way we can work more closely/directly with you to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000