The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Color assignment wrong in plot image
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ivydong

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  7:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1.0
Operating System: Win7 enterprise

I used data in a matrix to plot a 2D image using the operation of Plot -> Image -> Image plot. In the options of tuning the color scale (Plot details -> colormap -> level), I noticed that when using a "From" value that is smaller than the minimum value in the matrix, the highest values in the matrix will be assigned the colors of the lowest levels. The overall colors are messed up. I need to use the same color scale for a few plots, hence need to use a scale that's broader than the one in the current plot.

If I Find Max/min of the matrix, and use these as the From and To values, the plot is fine.

Please help. Thank you!

ivydong

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  7:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I forgot to mention that I'm using the thermometer palette for the color filling and the options of "Link to Palette" and "Stretch to Full Range" are opted.

The image on top is the right one using the Max/Min as the scale.
The bottom image is wrong where the "From" value is reduced to 5 (Min is about 9.)

Edited by - ivydong on 06/06/2016 7:53:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2016 :  03:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can firstly plot the data with bigger value range, eg., 5-19.34 (lower graph), then right click on the graph and select Copy Format: Colormap. Afterwards, go to the graph window with shorter data range 9-19.34 and right click on it to select Paste Format.

Then double click on the contour plot to bring up Plot Details dialog, go to Colormap/Contours tab and click on the level that is smaller than 9 and select it, then click Delete button under Level group to delete this level. After deleted all unwanted levels, click Apply button. You should see that the color scale becomes shorter and only kept the range you want.

Hope this can be some help!

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000