The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Automatically setting X axis for multiple series
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jb240

Germany
9 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2016 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 2016G 32bit
Operating System:Windows 10

Hello,

How do I automatically set X for multiple series of data in a graph.Currently I need to manually check the X. X will be the same for multiple series, so it's time consuming if I need to set it all the time.

Thanks in advance and regards,
Jb

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2016 :  2:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Jb,

Do you have multiple graphs and each have multi-series. You want to set fixed x range for all graphs?
If so, you can right click the x axis (the one you already set) and choose Copy Format: Scale.
Then choose Edit: Paste Format...
Apply the same scale to all other graphs. There is Apply Scope to specify where to apply to. All graphs, active graph, etc.

Or do you mean you want to have multi-series in different layers. You want to automatically set individual scales instead of all using the same scale.

There can only be one axis range for one layer in graph. But if you plot them into multiple layers, then each can have their own axis range. Sometimes the x axis are linked with straight 1:1 among layers then they will all use same x range.

E.g. open Plot Details dialog. Select each layer other than 1st layer. Check Linked Axes Scales and set X Axis Link to None so each layer will have their own scale.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

jb240

Germany
9 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  04:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Snow,

Thanks for your reply. I mean, I would like to change/select X Column automatically for all series. Normally it needs to be checked manually if I have multiple series in one layer. If I graph it will always plot the correct Y column but the corresponding X data I still need to manually tick.For example on the screenshot I attched here, I need to set the X to CF1, X would always go to Auto X which is wrong. How do I set CF1 to Auto X? Thanks again.

Regards,
JB

quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello Jb,

Do you have multiple graphs and each have multi-series. You want to set fixed x range for all graphs?
If so, you can right click the x axis (the one you already set) and choose Copy Format: Scale.
Then choose Edit: Paste Format...
Apply the same scale to all other graphs. There is Apply Scope to specify where to apply to. All graphs, active graph, etc.

Or do you mean you want to have multi-series in different layers. You want to automatically set individual scales instead of all using the same scale.

There can only be one axis range for one layer in graph. But if you plot them into multiple layers, then each can have their own axis range. Sometimes the x axis are linked with straight 1:1 among layers then they will all use same x range.

E.g. open Plot Details dialog. Select each layer other than 1st layer. Check Linked Axes Scales and set X Axis Link to None so each layer will have their own scale.

Thanks, Snow

Edited by - jb240 on 07/04/2016 04:34:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000