The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Auto Recalculate does not work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jb240

Germany
9 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2016 :  09:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro2016G
Operating System:Windows 10

Hello,

Normally for Recalculate: Auto it should update all the data when new inputs are made. But suddenly it does not work. Then I needed to turn the Recalculate mode to None so it recalculates, then when I edit again switch back to Auto so it recalculates again.
How to make the Auto Recalculate function again?

Thanks and regards,
JB

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 07/04/2016 :  10:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jb,

Could you send us a sample project file(via tech@originlab.com) to show the problem directly? Please also be kind to tell us the relative operations.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

osisska

1 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2016 :  05:31:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have the same problem - the column doesn't recalculate automatically although it works fine when recalculated manually. I think sometimes it is because of references which are unclear to Origin (unfornuately wihtout giving back an error), but this time I really can't figure out what the problem ist.

The script is:
range a = (Col(ex1_HTF_Q_p))^2 + ( Col(ex1_HTF_m))^2 + ( Col(ex1_HTF_dh))^2;

The equation is:
sqrt(a)

The referred columns exist and are spelled correctly (manual calculation works)
I would be happy about any suggestions!

Thank you
osisska

Edited by - osisska on 08/31/2016 08:25:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 09/02/2016 :  06:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi osisska,

You should not define a range variable in this way. See the guide here, http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/Tutorials/Tutorial-Range-Notation

Please try the following approach instead:

Before Formula Scripts:

range aa = col(ex1_HTF_Q_p);
range bb = col(ex1_HTF_m);
range cc = col(ex1_HTF_dh);

The equation for 4th column is:

sqrt(aa^2+bb^2+cc^2)

If still problem, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000