The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Independent Group Overriding Member Colormaps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Richard Garner

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2016 :  1:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi folks,

First time poster here, I was hoping an Origin Pro might be able to shed some light on an odd problem I'm having. OriginPro 2016 64-bit, b9.3.226. I have six lines on one plot, grouped together so that I can stack them. Each line has its own colormap based on a values column; all that's working. Despite the fact that the group is set to independent, whenever I edit the graph (i.e change scale), each line loses its own colormap and starts using that of the first line. Is there any way around this, either to stack the lines without grouping them or to group them without breaking the color maps? I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
Richard

Edited by - Richard Garner on 07/18/2016 1:32:19 PM

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  06:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Richard,

I don’t think we can stack the lines without grouping them nor group them without breaking the color maps.

However, you can reset the colormap for each line in Plot Details dialog. As what you said, you can set the group to Independent after grouping the lines, and then you can:

1.Select Layer in the left panel, go to Stack tab in the right panel, and then click the radio of Individual.

2.Click to select a line in the left panel, and go to Line tab to select the colormap for this line.

3.Go to Offset tab, and then set the offset for the line.

Thanks,
Yuki
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

Richard Garner

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Yuki, I suppose with this method I can get the graph laid out properly and then adjust the colouring as the last step.

Cheers,
Richard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000