The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Project Explorer does not show folders, etc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

vlnew

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  6:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. OriginPro 2016 (64-bit) Sr2 and Service Release: b9.3.2.303
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello, I have been using previous versions of Origin for many years, now purchased this new version and disappointed that many interface features do not look like they looked before. In particular, the project explorer does not show folders at all. In order to see the folders and navigate between the folders I have to go to Window > Folders. However, the Project Explorer itself does not show folder names, only the files in the current folder. Also, I can not find a way to rename a folder, to move folders by the mouse, and to create a new folder with a certain name. All these features which were previously easily accessible from the Project Explorer are now absent. Please help to sort out with this. Thanks

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  10:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Project Explorer is docked at the leftmost position and split into two panels by default. The upper panel shows the OPJ folder structure, and the lower panel shows folders and windows in the folder highlighted in the primary panel. In fact, you can do all what you mentioned in Project Explorer. More details about Project Explorer can be found on this page:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Project-Explorer

Perhaps, you should try to reinitialize the toolbars. You can:
1. Select View: Toolbar in Origin menu to open the dialog
2. Go to Toolbars tab, and click Reinitialize button
3. Find Project Explorer at the leftmost window, and check whether your problem has gone.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

vlnew

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2016 :  09:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Yuki. After reinitializing the upper panel of the Project Explorer appeared. It was not previously shown by default, causing the problems explained above.
Go to Top of Page

paulstephen

1 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2021 :  9:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This problem has GOT to be solved. It happens WAY too often. It means every single file we have (thousands?...I have used Origin since version 4, which was an easy-to-use version BTW) is at risk. It means every file we have now must have a backup text or Excel file. Would it not be possible...at a minimum!...to have a shadow file that contains at least the data? I don't think any company that's serious about data longevity and security could buy Origin with this problem lurking. It does not help that we are constantly getting new versions. Where are my Origin 6 disks? (Also a good enough version.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000