The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 ANOVA two way
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Tryphon

36 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  7:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I use successfully a two way ANOVA test on my worksheet (input data indexed).
Factor A : week of measurement (from week 1 to week 24)
Factor B : animal group (2 different groups of 10 animals)
Data : measurements on animals (weight for example)

Now I want to apply a post-test like a Bonferonni test. The algorithm seems to be confused because it does not understand that factor A is a time variable and it is out of context to compare all the combinations of weeks !!

I only need to compare the two groups for each week, that is to say I want to know the significance on week 24 comparing the two groups, on week 23 comparing the two groups, ..., on week 1 comparing the two groups (= 24 p-values to compute). GraphPad Prism understands this kind of situation.

How to perform this under Origin ?

Thank you.

Operating System: Windows 8.1
OriginPro 2015 64 bits Sr2

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  10:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I think you can go through this tutorial, and find the way to analysis whether there are any significant differences between the groups.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/ThreeWay-ANOVA#Comparing_Same_Level_Between_Different_Groups

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Tryphon

36 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2016 :  1:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for the suggestion.

I do not have a factor C in my study which only needs ANOVA 2 way for repeated measures and I cannot find this option "comparing same level between different groups" in Origin for ANOVA 2 way.

For ANOVA 3 way, I will need to upgrade but I do not know what will happen to my big labtalk code. Moreover, I own only one license and I will need to transfer it to Origin 2016. This is not possible before the end of the animal protocol I follow.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Tryphon

36 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2016 :  1:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, I misunderstood the ANOVA 2 way GUI. I have to check the interaction box to get what I asked.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000