The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Remove Lock Symbols From Graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rjgreen

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  12:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: OriginPro 2016 Sr2

Hello,
On more complicated graphs, I have the issue that I end up with a lot of lock symbols, which make it difficult to view parts of the graph itself while working on it. Is it possible to suppress the display of these symbols to make it easier to work on the graph? Thanks!

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  03:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can try to click on the green lock and choose "Recalculate Mode: None".
Then the green lock will be removed.

Please note: if the Recalculate Mode is set to None, you will not be able to update the results. And it will also remove the Recalculate Mode lock from the the dataset in the columns.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

rjgreen

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  12:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Jacqueline. I was worried this might be the only option. I do not want to disable the recalculate operations, so I guess I will just stick with zooming in when I need to work on the area behind the lock symbols.
Go to Top of Page

andrew

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  2:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just FYI:

There is a Lock Positions toolbar button on Markers and Locks toolbar.

Click to toggle lock position from layer icon position, will change lock positions among the default "next to layer icon", beginning of plot, end of plot. It may still not look good but may help in some cases.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

rjgreen

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  7:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Andrew! I wasn't aware of that button, and it actually helps quite a bit for my particular graph.
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  09:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by andrew

Just FYI:

There is a Lock Positions toolbar button on Markers and Locks toolbar.

Click to toggle lock position from layer icon position, will change lock positions among the default "next to layer icon", beginning of plot, end of plot. It may still not look good but may help in some cases.

Thanks, Snow

Great suggestion!
I would be still helpful to have a way to hide lock icons at all.
Go to Top of Page

aplotnikov

Germany
160 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  12:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
page.lock=0
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  4:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by aplotnikov

page.lock=0

Great option!
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000