The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copy and paste weirdness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AJ1610

2 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2017 :  6:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0724
Operating System: Windows 10

Hey all,
I am having a funny issue with Origin, but may just be a problem with my windows 10 settings.
Usually when I make figures using an Origin graph I simply right-click and copy page, then paste into my software of choice. Recently however, with my new computer, when I paste the page from Origin into the next software, the relevant graph is only ~30-40% of the whole pasted image, the rest just being empty space. It seems to happen with whatever software I choose to paste it into (Coreldraw, powerpoint, etc)
Since I don't think I explained that well, I made an image for help.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Thanks for your help!

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2017 :  9:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Could you please take a look whether this quick help can help to fix the problem?
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Control-Graph-Size

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

AJ1610

2 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  3:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Yuki. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem, and there is still quite a bit of blank space in the pasted image. I can overcome the problem by exporting the graph as an eps or other file type, then importing it into the next software, but still frustrating that I cannot simply copy and paste

Thanks for your help!
Go to Top of Page

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  01:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Firstly, I want to confirm that you had set @ems =0 in System Variable dialog, and then relaunched Origin as administrator to copy the graph page.

If you had tried that way and the problem wasn't gone, I think you can upgrade to our latest version Origin 2017 since 8.0 is very old.

You can download a free demo here:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=12&lm=62

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab

Edited by - yuki_wu on 02/28/2017 01:25:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Liamn

19 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  9:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This problem happens if you change the display scaling without signing out. Usually Sign Out and re-Sign In resolves the problem.
See
http://originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27077

Edited by - Liamn on 03/08/2017 10:06:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

martin12

Switzerland
Posted - 07/05/2017 :  08:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have exactly the same issue with OriginPor 8 SR4 v 8.0951 since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
I tried the changes in the settings proposed in this and the other linked thread but without success.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue in the meantime?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000