The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Behaviour of mouse&right click
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

iphark

12 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  05:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9 2017
Operating System:Win10 64

I noticed that the behaviour of the right click depends on the left mouse button.

I had several columns (A to N). A is X, B to G is Y. I wanted to set H as X-Error and the rest (I through N) as Y-Error.

If I select columns I through N with the left mouse button and release the mouse button and then right click them to set them as errors I get a different dropdown menu than when I right click them BEFORE I release the left mouse button.

In the first case (released LMB) I get the options like XYY or XYYY XYYY, in the latter case (LMB still pressed) I get the option Y-Error bars.
Here is an image showing the difference:
http://imgur.com/a/A5BSq

Are there more instances where this makes a difference? Seeing how I can set multiple columns as Y-Error as opposed to having to click all of them by hand saved me quite some time, so I thought there might be more like this.

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  09:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In response to the method for first selecting columns I through N, releasing the mouse button, then right clicking the columns. From this dropdown menu options there is a way for setting all of these columns to Y-error at one time. It involves about two more steps than the other method that you described.

Select Set As --> Custom. The Custom: coldesig dialog box will appear. Click on the open triangle, right of Designation, you will have the option to set all columns to y-error or any other type of designation.

-Aviel
OriginLab

Edited by - arstern on 05/10/2017 09:45:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000