The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Colormap graph if one or both axes are 2D arrays
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

amuqri

0 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  09:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello all,
I am trying to plot intensity data using the following axes

Intensity Array (Z-data) 512 rows x 89 columns array
Y-Axis 512 rows x 1 column array
X-Axis 512 rows x 89 columns array

How do I plot them either as a 3D then choose a plane view or as an intensity colormap.

Each one is in a different worksheet. It keeps asking me to put X & Y on the same sheet if I do that it still doesn't let me press OK to go ahead with the graph.

Any guidance and help is really appreciated, thank you

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  11:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Right now your x data is in a matrix form. To create a colormap/heatmap, you will need to interpolate the x-axis so that you have one column. For the worksheet with x-axis, select all columns. Select Analysis --> select Mathematics --> select Interpolate/Extrapolate.

You can input how many rows you desire. When you select Ok, the interpolate data will be input into the same worksheet as your x-axis. Labeled as Interpolate. Select this column and input into a new worksheet.

Your worksheet for plotting should be set up similar to this tutorial: http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Heat-Map-Virtual.
Input the interpolate x-axis in column A(X), input y-axis as single row (you will need to transpose your y-axis so that you have 512 columns and 1 row). To transpose your y-axis, select the y-axis --> Select worksheet --> select Transpose.

You can select colormap or heat map to plot an intensity colormap. (Follow the tutorial from the link above for more guidance).

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

amuqri

0 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  4:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you so much Aviel for the detailed response I will follow those and update you hopefully with the map.
Thank you,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000