The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Can't tick "Column/Bar Gap/Offset Across Layers"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nadavamd

8 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  07:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.: OriginPro 2016
Operating System: Windows7

Hi,
I'm trying to follow the tutorial on making a double Y graph with columns:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/double-Y-column-plot
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/MultiLay-ColumnGraph-Gap
However, I can't tick the "Column/Bar Gap/Offset Across Layers" in the Miscellaneous tab:

What can be done?
Thanks!

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  09:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Could you please first check for updates to install onto your version of Origin. Select the Help menu and select Check Updates. I would also recommend to try repairing the Origin Installation by double-clicking the shortcut OriginPro Add or Remove files. This launches the Origin Setup files. Select Repair/Upgrade. Lastly try restarting your computer.

If this does not work, please email your .opj file to tech@originlab.com.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

nadavamd

8 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  09:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks,
I was hoping for an easier immediate solution.
It didn't work, I'll e-mail them the file.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  09:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

After taking a look at your OPJ file, it seems that you need to fix your axis for layer 2. I was able to determine this because in your OPJ file your graph shows that Layer 1 and Layer 2 both have their y-axis located on the left side. However you will want to setup the axis so that Layer 1 y-axis will be on the left side and Layer 2 y-axis will be on the right side. See image below to compare.

To set this up, first graph your A and B column as a column plot. With the graph activated right click the number 1 in the top left corner and select Layer Contents...

With the Layer Contents dialog box open select Layer(1) and Select New Layer. Here you will want to select Right-Y (Linked X scale and dimension). Right now I believe you have it setup as Left-Y (Linked X scale and dimension)

Next select Column C (Second option on left panel) and select the arrow button to transfer this selected data to Layer 2. Select Apply.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

nadavamd

8 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2017 :  02:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Aviel
It worked!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000