The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2 stage power fit don't converge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Tasoscave

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  03:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, I am trying to fit a simple power curve in a 2-stage data set.

The data are composed from two stages which means I need to fit a power fir curve twice.

The first curve (1st stage) has a perfect match.
However, the second (2nd stage) is not converging and I need to normalize the data back to zero in order to have a good fit.

Any help will be much appreciated

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  06:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please send your data to tech@originlab.com. Maybe the initial values are not good so the fit did not converge.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  09:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Tasoscave,

> I need to normalize the data back to zero in order to have a good fit.

You are using Allometric1 function which doesn't have the bias terms. Have you tried Power0 function
(under Power category) which has both X and Y biases (xc and y0)? You can normalize the data by
subtracting these values later, if you need.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 08/02/2017 09:42:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000