The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 vector between 2 points in a 3D diagram
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

faboriginFB

4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  02:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everybody,

I got a 3D diagram and I want to show a vector between 2 points.
I hope you understand what I mean.

I am very new to origin lab, and I dont know much about it, but I am willing to do.

I will be thankfull for every support.

Greets Fab

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  06:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Is this what you want?

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/3D-Vector

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

faboriginFB

4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  09:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Amanda,

thanks for your respons;-)
But it is not exactly what I need.
Is it possible to draw a vector between the blue and the green buble in the same diagram?
It is needed to show the distance between this two values.

Greets Fab
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  12:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You will need to use 3D vector xyzxyz. The worksheet needs to be setup so that there are 6 columns. See image below. When you first plot this, only a vector will show. Right click Layer 1 in the left top corner and select Plot Setup. In the plot setup dialog box there should be a 3DVector plot listed under Layer 1. Add another plot with only x2, y2, z2 dataset from the worksheet as a 3D scatter/Trajectory/Vector.

Next double click the graph to open the plot details dialog box. Select the Symbol tab from the first plot (the plot that graphs the vector) and edit the size so that you can observe the data point. This will show the data point from column A(X1) B(Y1) and C(Z1). To edit the symbol from x2, y2, z2, select the second plot under layer1 and select the symbol tab again to edit that point.

Hope this helps.
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

faboriginFB

4 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  02:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

thanks a lot this, this is exactly what I wanted to show!
Is it also possible to show the amount of the 3D vektor in the diagram?

Greets Fab
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  09:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean add a labeled value to your vector? You can select the labels tab in the plot details dialog box to add labels to each scatter point. The labels can either display the (x,y) values or a value in a specific column in your worksheet.

Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

faboriginFB

4 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  01:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

sorry for my late response. What I ment is, if it is possible in origin to add lables to my vector which shows me the magnitude (lenght) of it?

Greets Fab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000