The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 how to "Fill Area Under Curve"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jianxu123

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  06:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:
Hi guys,
I want to fill area under curves with different colours in origin (shown in the graph). But I don't know how to do it. Can someone help me please?

Thanks
Jianxu

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  09:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

It seems that the only way to do this is to plot the curves individually under one layer. Then you can fill the color By Plot.

To do this first right click the layer number in the left top corner of your graph and select Layer Contents which will open the Layer contents dialog box. Because I have 8 peaks, I add the same xy dataset 8 times to Layer 1. Then Select Plot Setup...

With the Plot Setup Dialog box open, first make sure that the plots are set to Group. Then you can select the ... tab for each plot in order to edit the data range. Below in the graph you can see that there is a small gap between the two plots. To fix this, I overlap the data range. i.e. when I set the second to last plot range to 120 < x < 140 and then set the last plot data range to 140 < x < 160, the plots overlap at x = 140 which will remove the gap.

The Range dialog will open when you select the ... tab. Unselect Auto and input your range of data for that plot.

Once you have created the graph, double click the graph to open the plots details dialog box. After selecting fill under curve from the line tab, select the Pattern Tab. Under Fill select By Plots to select your color list.

Hope this helps.
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jianxu123

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  10:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Aviel, thank you for your help. It helps!
quote:
Originally posted by arstern

Hi,

It seems that the only way to do this is to plot the curves individually under one layer. Then you can fill the color By Plot.

To do this first right click the layer number in the left top corner of your graph and select Layer Contents which will open the Layer contents dialog box. Because I have 8 peaks, I add the same xy dataset 8 times to Layer 1. Then Select Plot Setup...

With the Plot Setup Dialog box open, first make sure that the plots are set to Group. Then you can select the ... tab for each plot in order to edit the data range. Below in the graph you can see that there is a small gap between the two plots. To fix this, I overlap the data range. i.e. when I set the second to last plot range to 120 < x < 140 and then set the last plot data range to 140 < x < 160, the plots overlap at x = 140 which will remove the gap.

The Range dialog will open when you select the ... tab. Unselect Auto and input your range of data for that plot.

Once you have created the graph, double click the graph to open the plots details dialog box. After selecting fill under curve from the line tab, select the Pattern Tab. Under Fill select By Plots to select your color list.

Hope this helps.
Aviel
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  3:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jianxu,

If you have Pro version, you can also try the following handy method with the Cluster gadget for each area:

1) Run Cluster gadget, and put the ROI (yellow) box around the desired partial curve to shade.
2) Press "Copy Data" button in the control dialog of the gadget.
3) Open a new worksheet, and paste the copied XY data there.
4) Highlight the Y column in this new worksheet, and press-and-drag the edge of the highlighted column
onto the graph. (It appear nothing changed because this partial plot is completely overlapped.)
5) Open the Plot Details dialog, and turn on the "Fill Area under Curve" option for this added dataset.

Hope this also helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000