The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Script for data analysis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

navid.solati

7 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2017 :  3:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Windows10

Hi,

I have batches of data each of them including more than 6000 data. I need to analyze them and in order to do so, I have to do the following tasks:
1. I should find Max intensities of them and put them results in a matrix. Fortunately, with help of a friend we wrote an script which was able to do this.
2. The above mentioned peak has a shoulder and I want to find out the intensity of this shoulder as well. I have tried "Batch Peak Analysis Using Theme" option and modified it lots of time, however, since the shape and position of this peak is not 100% identical all the time, Origin fails in deconvoluting them properly.
3. There is another peak in my data for which I want to calculate FWHM and put the results in matrix as well.

I would really appreciate it if somebody can help me in writing scripts which are able to do these tasks.

Navid,

Edited by - navid.solati on 08/13/2017 7:03:31 PM

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  06:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Navid,

1. I am not sure which script you used in Origin, Labtalk Script or OC code?

2. Peak Analysis supports for the datasets in Workbook, but not Matrix.

3. You have tried "Batch Peak Analysis Using Theme" tool, right? So you have used the Peak Analyzer (PA) tool and save the theme, right?
And PA tool supports to find the peaks automatically, so even the peaks positions are not the same, the tool will find the peaks position. So I am not sure whether you find peaks manually.
If you have to find peaks manually, I think it is not suitable to use Labtalk Script or OC code.

4. Also, could you please tell us the detail version information to us, you can check it by selecting "Help: About Origin" in the menu.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

navid.solati

7 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  08:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jacqueline,

1. I used Labtalk Scripts.
2. I think there is a misunderstanding. My data are in worksheet, I just want to save final results in a matrix.
3. Yes I have saved the theme.The problem is that when I apply the theme for let's say 30 data, it only works properly for the first 5 of them and then fails in having a good fit coverage.
4. The version that I use is OriginPro 2017 SR1.

I found a script in below link, but since the peak that I want to analyze is composed of 2 peaks, I am not sure whether it will work or not.

http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/Tutorials/Tutorial-Curve-Fitting-and-Batch-Processing-with-LT#Batch_Process

Thanks
Navid
Go to Top of Page

navid.solati

7 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  09:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
By the way, what do you suggest to do in the case that there are tons of data and we have to use manual peak find option?
Go to Top of Page

le tien

Vietnam
2 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  02:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
According to me, this analysis problem should have the tools to support is best not to use manual.

G9!
Go to Top of Page

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  06:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Navid,

If you do not need to find the peaks manually, I think "Batch Peak Analysis Using Theme" tool and Batch Curve Fitting can work.

But this sample http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/Tutorials/Tutorial-Curve-Fitting-and-Batch-Processing-with-LT#Batch_Process
is importing the files in to different Worksheet then loop the sheets to fit the curve (in the second column). I am not sure your dataset structure is similar with it.

If you do not mind, I suggest you can send us <tech@originlab.com> your project file, and the Labtak script you used. Also, you can send it with the fail result using "Batch Peak Analysis Using Theme" tool then we can check why it can not fit coverage.

(Please show us the Serial Number information in the Email. You can check it by selecting "Help: About Origin" in the menu.)

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000