The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scale issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Léo

France
2 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  10:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everybody,

I just get Origin last week, but I already have a little issue with the scale when I try to do a 3D surface graph. I don't know why but when I do the graph, I have 1 or 2 axes (X and/or Y axe)with a scale from 1 to 200 instead to be the length of my data.

I try many thing : as changing comma into point of my values or even changing the setting in the origin options but nothing seems to work. It seems that Origin couldn't recognize the numerical data.

My data are coming from Excel (2010) sheet and I just copy and paste the value from excel to origin table. I'm working on Windows 7 (64bit). Strange things is when I do the tutorial and use the example and paste one of my data on one of the example axis, origin recognize the value, but on a ne new book/graph origin doesn't recognize my data.

I hope to be clear. I try to search a subject about that but I didn't find. Sorry If I bring this issue for anoter Xth time.

Here is a pictures to illustrate my trouble :

Thank you for your help.

Leo

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  12:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In Origin, you need to use a point for the decimal. You said below that you tried changing the value to a point in Origin? One thing I might suggest, is trying to change the decimal to a point in Excel first and then copying and pasting that data into the Origin worksheet.

If that does not work, can you please send your .opj and excel file to tech@originlab.com

Thanks
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  12:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Just took a look at your OPJ file. When you were plotting, I am guessing you were selecting the entire worksheet. However to plot the 3D surface, you must select only the Z data and then select Plot 3D surface. See image below.

Then input the y values and x values in the plotvm dialog. If you select the entire worksheet (rather than the z data), the scale ranges from 0 - 160 because it is plotting the row number rather than the x range.

Your axis should look like this.

Aviel
Go to Top of Page

Léo

France
2 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2017 :  10:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

It's far better with the selection of only the Z-Value.

Thank you for your help and your efficiency.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000