The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Get annotation XY from a graph to Sheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bedibra

France
35 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2017 :  11:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear all,
I have a graph with annotations on it, and I am looking for a way to get each time when I add annotations on that graph, their coordinates on a sheet.
The idea is to use X and Y coordinate of each annotation for further calculation process.
Is there a script that a can put on the set values window (before formula script) to import from the graph the X and Y coordinates of the annotations on col(A) and col(B) of Sheet1.
Thanks for the help.

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 08/25/2017 :  02:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you want to pick points on graph and get their coordinates on a sheet, I suggest you use the Pick Points tool

1. Choose "Window: Command Window"
2. Active Graph, In the opened Command Window, type script below. Press Enter to use it.
pickpts

3. A worksheet with X and Y Coordinate columns will be generated, pick the points on graph. After it is done, go to the worksheet to generate the points coordinates on the worksheet.

http://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/pickpts

Please look at the page above for more details.

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

bedibra

France
35 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  12:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Echo_Chu

Hi,

If you want to pick points on graph and get their coordinates on a sheet, I suggest you use the Pick Points tool

1. Choose "Window: Command Window"
2. Active Graph, In the opened Command Window, type script below. Press Enter to use it.
pickpts

3. A worksheet with X and Y Coordinate columns will be generated, pick the points on graph. After it is done, go to the worksheet to generate the points coordinates on the worksheet.

http://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/pickpts

Please look at the page above for more details.

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service

Go to Top of Page

bedibra

France
35 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  1:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here is my script and it works well :
pickpts gp:=[Graph1] npts:=3 index:=[book1]index!1 x:=[book1]index!2 y:=[book1]index!3;

thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000