The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multivariate linear regression
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ben11

India
1 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  5:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I am quite new to Origin...wondering if I could get some help. I want to do a multivariate regression for a set of data that will yield different intercepts and a common slope. My data set is only 2 columns (X,Y). For each independent X value, there is a corresponding dependent Y. There are 3 different bins/subgroups of X. So I need 3 intercepts and 1 common slope.

BF

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  05:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can try to use "Global Fit" and share the "slope" value.

1. Highlight the three parts of the XY datasets respectively (by holding the "Ctrl" key).
2. Choose Analysis: Fitting: Nonlinear Curve Fit menu to open NLFit dialog.
3. In the Settings tab, choose "Polynomial" as Category, and "Line" as Function. Then in the left panel, select "Data Selection" page, and choose "Global Fit" as Multi-Data Fit Mode
4. Go to the Parameters tab, check the "Share" check box for the first slope value.
5. Click the "Fit" button to get the result.

About "Global Fit" please refer to this help page:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/GlobalFitting-Param-Sharing

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000