The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Merging two data rows with different step-widths
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Lumocolor

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  10:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 2015 x64 SR1
Operating System: Win 10 x64

Hey experts, I have to ask for your advise because I have no idea how to deal with this problem:

I have two discrete data rows who behaving like:
d1=f(t) and
d2=f(t)

and I need the visualization of d1=f(d2) [f(t)=f(t)]

Unfortunately, the x-values of the data rows are not equal, they are differing in range, number and step-width. Also the step-width isn't constant.

I there an easy way to interpolize etc. the two data rows to merge the overlapping range to the new graph?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Max

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  11:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Have you tried Analysis: Mathematics: Interpolate/Extrapolate Y from X:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Math-Inter-Extrapoltate-YfromX

or Analysis: Mathematics: Interpolate/Extrapolate:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Math-Inter-Extrapolate

Please note that most of Origin operations are based on column. If you store dataset by rows, please use Worksheet: Transpose to transpose them first.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000