The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exponential fitting with convolution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

photongirl

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  10:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Pro 2017G, SR2 (64bit)
Operating System: Windows 8 (64bit)

Hi,
I have worked trough this tutorial and it works perfectly fine with the sample data provided.
http://www.originlab.de/doc/Tutorials/Fitting-Convolution

But when I try to use my own data, it doesn't work. The fit is nowhere near the data. What am I missing?

I have already tried:
-cutting off chunks of (almost zero) data from the response data before and after the response peak
-shifting the response data on the x-axis so that its peak aligns with the peak of the output signal
-shifting signal data on the y-axis such that it aligns with the response data at y=0
-increasing the initial parameter value of A=7000

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I shifted the response (IRF) a little better, now the fit seems better, but the fit report says that the fit didn't converge. What can I do better?

Edited by - photongirl on 09/08/2017 12:07:23 PM

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  12:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi photongirl,

Perhaps a two-term exponential function will work better with your data. Also try removing (or masking) the far right end of the data where it drops abruptly.

We are happy to try if you can send us your raw data and your response function data. Please send your file to tech@originlab.com and mention this post in your e-mail.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

photongirl

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2017 :  12:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you easwar, I have now sent an email.
Go to Top of Page

Solanraul

Spain
1 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2017 :  09:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can also try matlab to check it.

Owner in https://www.lacestitadelbebe.es
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000