The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How can i re-align to zero this graph?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DAVX

Chile
10 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  7:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello

i have this graph (and data) bottom, and i need to re align the data and graph to zero like upper picture (edited image)

In origin 7 i only have to select all data and substract (or add) the difference in Y and all the data was re-aligned, and the plot to.

Someone can help me??

Thanks!

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2017 :  03:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Davx,

I am afraid I am not sure what is the difference of the part be circled in two graphs.

Could you please show us more detail about your question?

1. Please show us the difference in the graphs.
2. What is you want to customize on your graph?

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

DAVX

Chile
10 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2017 :  08:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello!

Sorry for that, i just realize that both graphs are the same picture, my mistake...

What i want to do is correct to zero this data and graph. all the data come frome electrophysiology experiments in muscle cells (whole cell patch clamp), and i need to correct to zero to adjust the response without the command pulse to use the data and graphs. (image was edited in PS)

Thanks again and sorry for the previous mistake!
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2017 :  3:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please try the Horizontal Translate feature:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Translate-Curve

Select your graph -> Select Analysis -> Data Manipulation -> Horizontal Translate.

Drag the circle to the first point. You can either drag the line to your desired position or you can select the triangle button and select Shift Curve. Select Shift Curve to and input Value 0. Select ok. This will also apply the changes in your worksheet.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

DAVX

Chile
10 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2017 :  7:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks

But every time that i try to use that tool (vertical or horizontal translation) the software stop working and crash, maybe there are too many data points? there is some other way to do this?

Edit: i just try with a little set of data and the tool work great for only one column at a time, the problem is the huge amount of data points in the entire file. maybe there is another way to do it...

Edited by - DAVX on 09/29/2017 7:30:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2017 :  09:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

For me the easiest way to adjust baseline is:
select columns with data \ right+click: Set Multiple Columns Values or Ctrl+Shift+Q \ in field wcol(j)= \ paste: wcol(j)-mean(wcol(j)[1:10])\ OK.
Assuming that at least 10 samples are current baseline. If you already have done graph, it will be refreshed automaticaly.

BR,

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2017 :  12:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You could input for set values:
col(A) - min(col(A))

Assuming that col(A) is your x-axis. This should adjust the x-axis to start at zero. Unless I misunderstand how your data is setup?

Here is a tutorial on using set values:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/SetColVal

Thanks
Aviel

Go to Top of Page

DAVX

Chile
10 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2017 :  10:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks to all your answers i can do it, what i done?

i just select the column of the first pulse, then right click > Set column values: wcol(1)-(-first value of the column), so now i have the data and the graph aligned to zero. for the type of experiment i dont need more accuracy in this zero alignment so this is enough for me!

Thanks a lot to all your answers!
Go to Top of Page

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  01:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
To make it easier: instead of "(-first value of the column)" you can use wcol(1)[1]. Ask if you have problems. BR,

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000