The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Labtalk Coutour Plot with XYZ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gringoireli

France
4 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  05:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear Origin,
I am new to Labtalk of the originpro. I have a difficulty in writing a script to generate contour plots automatically.
I can import my data through the x-function impASC. The data contains 5 columns and I would like to plot contour of column E (as Z) against a grid made of two columns A(as x) and C(as y). My X and Y is a structural grid and I can plot the contour from the origin GUI by selecting the columns. But now in the labtalk I don’t know how to use the plotvm. Following what has been written in the tutorial I have tried several options but still not be able to manage it.
Is there any hints or examples which could help me ?
Many thanks,
Tch

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  06:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

When you plot contour from GUI, in that menu click on triangle button in Dialog theme row and select "Generate script".
In Script window you'll see usage of your function. Tham may help. Best,

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page

gringoireli

France
4 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  08:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Nikolay,
Many thanks for your suggestion.
What you have mentioned will be very useful to me. Nevertheless I am not able to find this magic triangle button. Is it possible to be more precised or a print screen will be of great help to me.
I have tried to locate this button from origin help but it is a dead end.
Many thanks,
Tch

quote:
Originally posted by nick_n

Hi,

When you plot contour from GUI, in that menu click on triangle button in Dialog theme row and select "Generate script".
In Script window you'll see usage of your function. Tham may help. Best,

Nikolay

Go to Top of Page

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
Sorry for confusing. Please, find magic button on screenshot.

Try to put that in your script.

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1593 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  10:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you are making contour plot from XYZ columns, please use the following Labtalk script:

plotxyz iz:=col(C) plot:=243 ogl:=<new template:=contours>;

where the template can be changed to your own customized one. Thank you.

Yiming
Go to Top of Page

gringoireli

France
4 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2017 :  07:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks a lot Nikolay for the information.
I solved the problem with Yiming's solution. But your hint is still very useful to me.
quote:
Originally posted by nick_n

Hi,
Sorry for confusing. Please, find magic button on screenshot.

Try to put that in your script.

Nikolay

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000