The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Using digitizer for contour plots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Surendra2015

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  3:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello all,

I am using digitizer to extract the data plots from contour image. After setting the pixel to axis value, I have chosen area auto trace option and selected an area. But the picked data result shows only one set of values. Please provide your inputs on how I can extract the datapoint from the complete area.

Thanks

Surendra Anantharaman

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  01:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Surendra,

To pick up all the data points from the data plots, the digitizing methods should be used in combination. This tutorial is a good example:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/enhanced-digitizer

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Surendra2015

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  04:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Yuki,

Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed, I have followed this step.

Actually, the image has three axes (X,Y and Z). The picked data points are shown as X and Y columns and not as a Matrix data. Is there a way we can get it in matrix format instead of X,Y format?

Best regards,
Surendra

Surendra Anantharaman

Edited by - Surendra2015 on 11/02/2017 04:32:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  05:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Surendra,

For now, digitizer tool only supports digitizing in 2D Cartesian, polar and ternary coordinate systems. Contour graphs is a type of 3D surface graph, so we cannot digitize the data from contour graph by digitizer tool.

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Surendra2015

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  05:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Yuki,

I also realized the same. Thank you for taking your time to help me.

Regards,
Surendra
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you confine your digitizing to individual contour lines with a known Z value, you can add a third (Z) column to the worksheet which you can fill with that Z value.
Once you have done so for all contour lines, you can concatenate all results into one XYZ worksheet which can be plotted directly or converted to a matrix by Worksheet \ Convert to Matrix \ XYZ Griddintg. The two methods have slightly different algorithms and their graphs show those differences.

There is no hope!
(But I may be wrong.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000