The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Changing the line length in legend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Z4uit

12 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  04:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 2015 (64-bit) Sr2 b9.2.272
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

I would like to change the length (not line-width) of the lines in the legend of a line-plot. When I click the line object it gets selected and highlighted with a blue line box. How to resize this box?

Similarly, I would like to reduce the white space left and right of the symbol in the legend of the scatter plot.

Typically, in a 20 cm wide figure (in origin, not output), the width of a legend symbol is around 2 cm, which is taking a lot of horizontal space.

I did find this page, but for lines (\L(L Color,Thickness,Style)) there seems to be no length option.

Best regards,

Adriaan

Edited by - Z4uit on 11/08/2017 05:29:27 AM

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  06:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Go to Plot Details (F2) -> Legends/Titles tab -> Legend Symbol Width,
decrease e.g. down to 100%. BR,

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page

Z4uit

12 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2017 :  06:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Nikolay,

Thank you for your quick and clear answer. It is actually very straightforward. For some reason I had a hard time finding this option in the help.

Adriaan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000