The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Question about how Origin read a ABF file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DAVX

Chile
10 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2017 :  3:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
The last week my tutor and I, figured out that origin 7 and 8,5 doesnt read our ABF files (voltage clamp experiments) in the same way.

we have a lot of ABF files of voltage clamp experiments with 13 command pulses each, origin 7 read the currents values (uA) at half that it does origin 8, exactly the half of the value. For example

the values that show (and use to make the maths) in origin 8 and 7 are:

cell 38 origin 8: -4827.88037
cell 38 origin 7: -2413.940185

so i want to ask if someone can try one of our files and see if someone can replicate this.

The values of similar experiments published are more like the origin 7 values, but i need to know why the same file give 2 different values, and why is the double. if we understand i can just try to apply with set column values a /2 but we need to know why.

thanks in advance one more time!

(this week i have to go to the lab so i can update the topic with an image of origin 7)

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2017 :  4:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I'm using clampfit and Origin many years and haven't meet trouble like that.
First of all I would check the real value of current in clampFit, just to be sure wich value is the right. Double click on cursor1 -> sample number 38.

If you are forced to use old version of origin try to transfer your .abf files to axon binary FLOATING format (clampFit -> Save as..) and then import it, hope it helps. Best regards,

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000