The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Formula for error of fitted EC50 values
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Noia

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  08:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Pro 2015G:
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Hello,

I fit my dose-response curves with logistic function (Origin Basic functions) to get EC50 values. It works fine but I really don't know what kind of error Origin provides. I'm using the german version and there it's named "Standardfehler". This suggests that it should be the standard deviation but for me the calculated error vaues are to low for that. So my question is, is it the standard deviation oder the SEM? With which formula is it calculated?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards

Noia

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  12:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
It must be SEM - standart error (not SD).
You can check that in NLF menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Quantities -> Standard error.
BR,

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000