The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Contour plot from MBook as batch-processing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SimUDE

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  10:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2017G
Operating System:Win10

Hi all,

I have the following issue. I need to create a lot of contour plots from .mat files. Currently I'm able to generate a contour plot and adjust the color map. I cannot manipulate the name of the matrix sheet yet.
I know the possibility of saving an analysis template but only for worksheets. Is there a way to save the procedure of importing the matrix, re-naming it using the file name (12DEG instead of MBook1 e.g.) and create a contour plot for each imported image. The option doing it manually with copy and paste the format will take a lot of time.
I'd be very happy for every hind to solving it.

Thank you very much!

Simon

In Dubio pro Reo

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  2:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you have the willingness to send us a few .MAT files along with an Origin Project that illustrates as simply as possible what the import settings are as well as a graph, we can see what may be possible. As it is, there is no automated way through the GUI to achieve what you want. Likely it would be a matter of LabTalk scripting.

You can send the files to tech@originlab.com. If the total size of the files is > 2MB, try zipping them and if still > 2 MB, please follow the following directions to make them available to us:
https://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

SimUDE

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  11:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Chris,

thank you for the quick reply. I'll try to send a demo asap.
In the mean time I had a look into the option of calling Origin objects from MATLAB. So far it looks promising. I'm able of calling a pre-defined .opj containing a MBook and a contour plot. So looping this in MATLAB will be easy.

I've two questions to continue:

1. How can I automatically rename the MBook (so it has the name of the
loaded file)?
2. How do I save these images as MS-Word input and still be able to
manipulate them handy within Origin afterwards?

Many thanks!

Simon

In Dubio pro Reo
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  1:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can use the Origin COM interface (https://www.originlab.com/doc/COM)to manipulate Matrix books,etc on various levels, including running LabTalk scripts with the Matrix as the context. So in there you should find the functionality for renaming.

As for automatically exporting to a Word doc- that cannot be done from within Origin COM. But you can copy a graph to the clipboard (https://www.originlab.com/doc/COM/Classes/Application/CopyPage).

Perhaps you can combine that with some sort of MS Word COM to get the graph off the clipboard and into a doc and save it then.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000