The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 P-value = 0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wz1416scripps

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  02:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver Originpro 2016. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Sr2
Operating System: Windows10

I tried linear fit in originpro for my dataset,
the p-value for ANOVA test is 0.
I was searching on internet and found that p-value can't be 0.It is probably because p-value is too small and the software returns to 0.
Is that the case in Origingpro?
I had p-value as 1x10^-150 before for t-test in originpro, it seems originpro will not round a number. So is it possible that the p-value for ANOVA test is 0?
I am writing a paper, I don't know if I indicate p-value=0 in the paper will get me into trouble.
If the p-value can be exactly as 0, can you provide some references or explaination?
or should I just say p-value < 1x10^-14 ? because the smallest p-value I had for ANOVA test in originpro is around 1x10^14 and it seems that the max digits that can be shown in Originpro is 14.
Thank you for your help

Edited by - wz1416scripps on 01/10/2018 02:39:18 AM

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  04:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

It is a known bug and we created a JIRA for it:
https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-17614

We will fix it in the future version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  05:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

To fix this bug, could you please send your data to tech@originlab.com?

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000